Saturday, February 23, 2008

Starting something new (again...)

A week since I've said anything? I would be surprised, but really, I know I've been busy. I love sharing what I'm working on, but sometimes what I'm working on is homework and that's never fun.



So, I took a break from the Bug Bottle Quilt and started working on another project. (I know I do this a lot. It is an unbreakable habit.) I found a cute pattern in American Patchwork and Quilting (my favorite quilting magazine) for a table runner. The pattern is designed for Moda Jelly Rolls, which are rolls of coordinating 2 1/2" strips.



I picked out a cute Jelly Roll from my favorite quilt store and set to work, setting up at the kitchen table. (I have visions of being able to have my own separate table where I can set up my huge cutting mat and leave it there. I will have my very own room and there will be a sign on the door that says "Husbands stay out. Kitties allowed in on good behavior.")

I hope to get this runner done this weekend. It's a fairly simple construction, using diamonds and strips, and I didn't have to complete the hardest part, which is cutting all of those strips. I don't know how far I'll get though, seeing as I need to study as well and I have a few assignments due at the beginning of next week.

I've started organizing the fabric from my grandmother, though there's still a huge box of it sitting in the middle of the room. I also got a wonderful present in the mail today from Judi: a set of cute little rubber stamps! One of them is an owl! They're the type you mount on an acrylic block, so I get an excuse to go shopping to pick one up. Thank you Judi, for giving me a reason to shop! That's always the best gift of all. ^.^

Now, kitties sleeping in a row!

1 comments:

Judi W. said...

If you have a Michaels near you the little acrylic blocks that fit those stamps are just $1 and should be with all the other $1 stuff. I thought of you when I saw the owl - you can stamp it on all your papers instead of your name, LOL. Okay - with your name.

I'll look forward to seeing the runner being made.

Do the kitties let you sit on the couch?