Friday, March 7, 2008

Do beginnings and middles lead to eventual ends?

I started working on my first official art quilt today. This is the one where I sat down with a sketchbook and decided it was going to be completely original, with no input from outside sources. It started from a doodle I did during class, and evolved into a sketch, then a collection of colors, then a bunch of shapes.



I feel rather proud with how it's coming along. I have some great ideas for how I'm going to quilt the lines on the tree and the leaves, and how I'm going to stitch the feathers. This art piece is intended to be a gift.

In addition to this, I started a fabric art book class at Doll Street Dreamers. I'm really excited about this, because I love adding to my arsenal of creative techniques. The first lesson already has some great stuff in it.

1 comments:

Shashi Nayagam said...

This is coming on beautifully and I can't wait to see it finished.